Monday, September 03, 2012

Update on Jes

School started for Jesse. She made the move back to WF last weekend and started class on Monday.  It will probably be a busy semester for her. Jesse came home on Friday and got reacquainted with the puppy.  She did a bit of puppy-sitting on Saturday taking Maximus to Lindz' house. Max was wired when we got home.  He is growing so fast. By Sunday afternoon, Jes and Max were big buddies.
Saturday morning Jesse did  a bit of homework which included a couple of watercolors.  This one is from a photo of Lindz that Jesse took last semester in her photography class.  Keep in mind that Jesse wanted the watercolors to be funky.This one is taken from a photograph of Emily, a friend of ours.  Barb, one of my painting buddies took the photo of Emily.  I also did a painting of Emily, but I don't think I will put it up next to Jesse's.  Jesse's painting is so much better than mine.  But I will post my attempted portrait later. I love the simple way Jesse did her portrait - mine looks overworked next to hers.

Today is Labor Day, and we have a cook-out to attend this afternoon.  Isn't that what Labor Day is all about?  Have a great day all you laborers.

7 comments:

Buck said...

I like the Emily piece a lot. Say "hi" to Jes for me! And enjoy yer cook-out.

Bag Blog said...

I will. The cook-out should be fun, but it is hot'

Anonymous said...

That puppies feet are rather large :-)

It's nice he walks the hu-mans around for their exercise.

Becky G said...

That Emily portrait is fantastic!! Max is so cute, too.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Jessie, great portraits. Cam't imagine a new puppy. You have lots of patience. Wow!

We are back in the USA so javelin phone and Internet more often. More later. Hugs.

Bag Blog said...

I agree, Jesse did a great job on the Emily painting. And Max is just pretty darn cute.

Bag Blog said...

I've been watching for you. I hope you had a great time.